Today’s post is quite a special and exciting post. I’ve been working on it for a few weeks now and have been sworn to secrecy and am SO happy I finally get to show you all 🙂
- Bubblegum Punk – The News Team: shimmery, icy base with a really strong teal and pink and purple shimmer. With 1 coat you get a really gorgeous shimmer, which you can layer over pretty much anything. At 2 coats you get a decent amount of opacity and at 3 it’s a fully opaque polish. Sort of like the Mac Reflects glitters, they look white in the bottle but when worn, particularly over a dark color, they’re super bright. Sort of like if you took Elsa from Frozen’s magic and put it in a bottle 😉 #nannylife
- Better Than Boyfriend Jeans – The Shopping Team: creme finish baby blue with a gray hint. Very subtle, very chic, very feminine yet still a wearable color for a lot of skin tones. The gray in the base actually makes it universally flattering as well as gives it a professional feel. It’s not an in-your-face blue and is a great blue for those that are still skittish around bright colors. This was fully opaque in 2 coats.
- Sunny Skies – The Health and Wellness Team: turquoise creme with again, a subtle hint of gray. Just like Better Than Boyfriend Jeans, the subtle gray to this color gives it a less bright appearance which makes it a little bit more wearable, especially in the coming winter months. I personally love turquoise, year-round, but this will be a great polish for those of you that again, aren’t quite committed to the idea of bright nail polish colors. This was also fully opaque in 2 coats.
- All About Yves – The Fashion Team: this is a bright cobalt blue creme-jelly finish. And boy is this gorgeous. Good job, Fashion Team! I’m personally in love with this shade, because I’ve been searching for the perfect tone of this shade forever. This is my favorite of the bunch. It’s a really bright blue without being too creamy of a finish or too translucent of a finish. The blue is super bold, but is in that spot that’s not too bright nor too dark that will again, look universally flattering. This was opaque in 2 coats.
- Pretty Gritty – The Beauty Team: bruised plum with a tarnished gold shimmer running through it. Boy do I love Ji’s gold shimmers. I would probably put it in every polish if I could, tbh (aside from All About Yves… obv lol). The pairing of the purple and the gold is so perfectly decadent for fall and winter that it’s sort of like a really rich, velvety gem in my stash. This was incredibly opaque and can almost be a 1-coater. I used 2 for “insurance” sake but 1 is definitely doable.
- Elvis In The Cloud – The Tech Team: this is another great color for fall. It’s an orange metallic with copper and gold shimmer running through it, so it transitions into this amazingly rich, fall-leaves, pumpkin spice, rustic chic polish. This was opaque in 2 coats, and when completely dried there were no visible brush strokes. It’s a great polish for orange lovers.
- Galaxy Glue – The Creative Team: this is a turquoise metallic with a brighter blue shimmer that also shifts to almost a brown. It’s very subtle in it’s shift though, which is a nice theme to have brought through a collection. The subtlety and elegance that’s represented in these colors is quite lovely. Galaxy Glue is opaque in 2 coats and also doesn’t show brush strokes when fully opaque.
The video above with have my full thoughts and review on the collection, so check it out 😀 Below are the swatches of all of the colors, but before I do that, let me give you the links to ALL the amazing bloggers giving coverage on this collection as well!