My color is 8 – Golden Neutral. For reference:
- Mac – NC25/30
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer – St. Moritz (Medium 1)
- Nars Sheer Glow: Fiji – Light5 (just a bit too light for me)
- Nars Sheer Matte: Punjab – Medium1 (slightly too light as well)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation – Bamboo Beige
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer – Sand
- Bare Minerals – Light, Golden Medium, Medium Beige
- Cover Girl Clean Foundation – Buff Beige (it’s too pink for me… think NW25)
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + – 40
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation – 127
- Chanel Mat Lumiere: 20 Clair
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation – 8.5
It’s packaged in a squeeze tube with a cap that snaps on. The foundation comes out of a precise opening so you can squeeze out just enough and not be worried about over using.
The foundation is a little bit more liquid than I thought it would be. It seemed like it would be the consistency of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme at first but it’s really more similar to Mac’s Studio Fix Fluid.
It blends out very nicely and can be built up pretty well to full coverage. I’d say it’s easily medium-to-full coverage on its own before building it up.
The finish is a nice natural matte. It’s not has heavily matte as the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + is.
I got no adverse skin reactions to this foundation, which is pretty standard because I think Clinique’s products are all pretty easy on the skin.
I used with with all different types of application methods and they all worked fine with this foundation. It didn’t oxidize on me and the foundation lasted a good 8 hours on my oiliest parts of my face.
This foundation can be purchased at counters as well as at Sephora.