Next nail tutorial is for this super fun nail design, the Galaxy nail.
There were a bunch of pictures on Tumblr, and so I looked on YouTube for how-tos and found it super easy to do. In order to expand my capabilities, I tried it on my own and filmed it as well (hence I made a tutorial, instead of just linking one for you guys). It’s SUPER easy compared to some other nail tutorials. It doesn’t even take any special equipment – no brush or anything you have to buy, just use what you probably already have 🙂
It also led me to use some polishes I haven’t used in my stash yet, as well as some of my new polishes. Always a plus when that happens.
A list of products as well as more photos are after the jump!
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Bobby Pin / Dotting Tool / Toothpick (anything to dot with)
- OPI Black Onyx (black creme)
- OPI Alpine Snow (white creme)
- Color Club Almost Famous (yellow creme)
- OPI Strawberry Margarita (pink creme)
- OPI Russian Navy (navy blue shimmer, any dark blue creme or shimmer works)
- China Glaze Fairy Dust (holographic glitter top coat)
- China Glaze Meteor Shower (dark blue glitter – bottle that I’m holding in all of the photos)
This takes a lot of polishes, but otherwise it’s easy. 🙂 Enjoy!!
With Flash – to see the depth of China Glaze’s Meteor Shower… SO pretty 🙂 (I have China Glaze’s Fairy Dust on top as well, but the flash let the Meteor Shower come through more)
Shots with flash and blurred to see the glitter pick up from a distance.