This tutorial is going to double as my Valentine’s Day tutorial for this year, since I don’t really like Valentine’s Day, or the Red Wings. Sorry guys lol. And I’m not a bitter Valentine’s Day person… when chocolate goes on sale, I’m there. And I loved it when I was little because it was fun. I just think it’s a super lame holiday.
Anyways, this look was sort of daunting when I first started the series. You guys can go back to that first post and see that I wrote “yeah, can’t wait for Detroit” (or something along those lines). It’s because their colors are red and white. Making a red and white makeup look is hard. Red eye shadow, unless smoked out or used in a rainbow is really difficult to use.
In order to make it more wearable, I made it a white to pink eye with purple in the crease. Shimmery, girly and fun. The purple comes from the Red Wings’ mascot, Al the Octopus (photo after the jump).
I paired it with a red lip just to make sure I incorporated red somewhere, but also gave a nude lip alternative.
Click the link for a full list of products and more photos!
I would first like to start with a little clarification. In the movie Toy Story 3, there’s an octopus, and he’s purple and sparkly. I have a plushie of him. His name is Stretch. Because of that, I said that the Detroit mascot, Al, was sparkly. I again, take that back. Al isn’t sparkly. But, if you look at the photos below, you can see where I made the mistake.
Now that that’s taken care of, here are the rest of the photos products I used.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil “Milk”
– Mac Pigment “Pink Opal”. Loew Cornelle 1/2 Brush.
– Urban Decay Pigment “Asphyxia”. Loew Cornelle 3/8 Brush.
– Mac Pigment “Cheers My Dear”. Loew Cornelle 3/8 Brush.
– Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Palette. Loew Cornelle 3/8 Brush.
– Mac Eye Shadow “Swish”. Loew Cornelle 3/8 Brush.
– Mac Eye Shadow “Bruised Plum”. Sigma SS222.
– Mac Eye Shadow “Parfait Amour”. Sigma SS222, Mac 224.
– Mac Eye Shadow “Cranberry”. Sigma SS222.
– Mac Pigment “Vanilla”. Small concealer brush.
– Ardell 105 lashes
– Bobbi Brown Gel Liner, black. Mac “Feline” Kohl Power eye pencil.
– Clinique lip liner, “Velvet Rose”
– Mac Kissable Lipcolour “Strut Your Stuff”
– Mac Superglass “Fab Frenzy”
– Mac Kissable Lipcolour “Super”
– Mac Lipglass “Viva Glam Cyndi”