Soooooooo let me explain.
Columbus’ team colors are Union Blue, Goal Red, Capital Silver and White. First off, I couldn’t even say that list with a straight face. And then trying to do an eyeshadow look based on the most patriotic colors ever? Wasn’t going to be very wearable unless it was the 4th of July. In order to make it easier to work with, I thought “well let’s check the mascot and see if there are any colors from there I can pull from”. And then I found HIM:
Yeah. He’s a bright green… insect. Named Stinger. Somebody please explain to me what he has to do with the term “Blue Jacket”. Or Columbus. I’m not trying to be judgmental or bash the Blue Jackets, but I mean come on. Like what?? Whyyyy?
Anyways, in order to make everything wearable, I decided to take the silver and blue and add in some bright green as a fun gradient. Then added in some white to help transition. I put the red on the lips to make it a little more… festive I guess? Nonetheless, photos and a full list of products are after the jump.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Milani Liquif’eye Eye Liner Pencil, Silver 02
– Nyx Eye Shadow Base, White
– Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Palette, Loew-Cornelle 3/8 brush, Sigma 222
– Make Up Forever Eye Shadow, 60. Loew-Cornelle 3/8 brush
– Mac Eye Shadow “Soba”, Mac 217
– Mac Eye Shadow “Shroom”, Sigma Small Tapered Eye Shadow Brush
– Mac Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner, “Petrol Blue”
– Make Up Forever Waterproof Liquid Liner
– Mascara of choice, black liner of choice to water and tightline
– Benefit “Georgia”, Sigma Powder/Blush Brush
– Benefit “Hoola”, Sigma Tapered Face Brush
– Mac “Heartless” Lipstick, Mac “Give Me Liberty of London” Lipglass