I decided to look through the recent award shows and the celebrities’ makeup at each. These were great resources for good everyday, but still glamorous makeup looks.
I also realized that Prom was coming up so a lot of people could apply these looks to their Prom looks because I know I would rather spend money on a dress then makeup.
So, for the next couple of tutorials, I’m going to go outside of my pattern and just to Female Celebrity looks that can also be applied as Prom looks.
Here is the first one, Miley Cyrus from the 2010 Academy Awards. (Go to Temptalia’s post about it to see more!)
This one is a very pretty bronze, semi-smokey look. This really makes blue eyes pop, as seen on Miley. She’s also obviously tanned in this so I gave my skin a little bit more of a sun-kissed glow :]
This look will work for an everyday look, and pretty much any type of dress because it’s so neutral. There will be more in this series that covers a bold lip, fun colors, a true smokey eye, makeup for a more pale skin, a look pulled straight from fashion week, and a cat-eye.
The bronze and gold shadows are all on the lid ( blended them together to make the perfect bronze color because I didn’t have the one that Miley was wearing), and darker matte color is concentrated in the outer corner as a V and blended in. The inner corner is a lighter gold and the highlight is a light satin color. There’s a liquid black liner on top, and a kohl black liner in on the tightline and waterline. Some of the bronze is on the lower lashline as well. It’s easy to do, so don’t be intimidated by the long list of products below!
See the video for the tutorial!
– Urban Decay Primer Potion (all over lid, up to brow and under the eye as well)
– Maybelline Eye Shadow Quad, Chai Latte, “Crease” color
– Sleek iDivine Eye Shadow Palette, Original, Shimmery Gold
– Sleek iDivine Eye Shadow Palette, Original, Antiqued Gold
– Mac Shadowy Lady Eye Shadow
– Sleek iDivine Eye Shadow Palette, Storm, Bronze
– Sleek iDivine Eye Shadow Palette, Original, Light Yellow Shimmer
– Maybelline Eye Shadow Quad, Chai Latte, “Brow Bone” color
– L’Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eye Liner
– Maybelline Lash Stilleto Mascara
– Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Comfort
– Mac Mineralize Skin Finish By Candelight
– Viva Glam Gaga
– Viva Glam Cyndi
– Nars “Turkish Delight” Lip Gloss
– Viva Glam VI SE Lipglass
– Mac 239 Brush
– Mac 217 Brush
– Mac 227 Brush
– Sigma SS266
– Sigma SS239
– Sigma SS217
– Sigma SS187